Tuesday, July 5, 2011

First Aid Reminder

First Aid Reminder
How many of you carry a first aid kit in your pack or vehicle? I try to keep one handy as often as possible. You just never know if something minor or major could pop up. I was reminded of this recently when I watched my fishing buddy run a barbed hook deep into his had. We had no choice so we jerked it out, leaving a huge gash behind.

With blood starting to gush I dropped my bag and whipped out my first aid kit. After a quick cleansing I put a bandage on the wound and wrapped it with some athletic tape to hold it in place.

It could have been worse with stitches or even a broken bone, but regardless the first aid kit came in handy and I'm glad it was stowed in my tackle bag.

Take a quick inventory of your gear and make sure a first aid kit is always on board. If not, hit our catalog at http://ssisports.net and get stocked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment